- I deplore the incident which resulted in a FRC employee getting shot.
- As a shooting victim myself I am concerned for the physical and mental health of the victim in this incident. I have made no secret of my extreme PTSD.
- The SPLC (an organization with exceptional credibility) has designated FRC as a hate group because they intentionally mislead people about LGBT people. Other anti-gay and biblical lifestyle organizations do not have that designation.
- The SPLC sends out few communications. FRC, on the other hand, attacks gay citizens with false information and hyperbole on a daily basis.
- It is reasonable to conclude that this incident would have occurred regardless of SPLC's designation. Note that I am not excusing the perpetrator.
- I am surprised that Mr. Perkins is concerned about the SPLC designation. I say that because his organization has done absolutely nothing to cause them to reevaluate the organization's status.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Shame on you Mr. Perkins
Today Family Research Council blamed Southern Poverty Law Center and their labeling of FRC as a hate group as the proximate cause of the incident yesterday.